Week 1 – Post Your Introduction
No unread replies.55 replies.
Your introduction is due on Day 1 (Tuesday). You have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your peers.
- If you do not see the “Reply” button, or any responses, you may need to scroll down the page.
- When you are the first to contribute, you will see only the “Reply” button.
- Once you have added your initial post or response, choose the “Post Reply” button.
- If any classmates have posted, you will see their comments, along with the “Reply” button.
- The “Reply” button – as well as any responses – will be displayed at the bottom of the page.
Post Your Introduction/General Education Outcomes [WLOs: 1, 2, 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read The Value of General Education (Links to an external site.) blog post, What Is the Purpose of Taking General Classes for a College Degree? (Links to an external site.), General Education Requirements: What’s the Point? (Links to an external site.), and Integrated General Education: A Brief Look Back articles, review the What Is CRAAP? (Links to an external site.) handout, and view the Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial and Picking Your Topic Is Research! (Links to an external site.) video.
Before writing your introduction, review the five learning outcomes for this course:
- Apply ethical theory and moral reasoning to academic knowledge and societal concerns.
- Utilize principles of critical thinking in problem-solving.
- Communicate through investigative research and writing.
- Utilize information technology skills appropriate to interdisciplinary studies.
- Articulate the responsibility of global citizenship and multicultural understanding with regard to academic and professional pursuits.
After reviewing the five learning outcomes, post an introduction in which you
- Identify three out of five skills or competencies you have acquired through participation in general education courses that will help you meet your academic and career goals.
- Describe your three chosen skills and explain which activities, assignments, or courses helped you acquire them.
Your initial post is due on Day 1. Respond to at least three of your classmates before Day 7. Use the forum to get acquainted and for ongoing discussions that are not related to class content.