Review the Rural, Suburban, and Urban Issues Worksheet completed in Week 2. Note. If you did not complete this worksheet in Week 2, complete it now to help you organize your thoughts.
Select a local government within your state to analyze. You may select either an urban, suburban, or rural government to review.
Prepare a 10- to 12-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation addressing the following:
- Describe which area you chose: urban, suburban, or rural. Briefly describe the area’s demographics and characteristics.
- Describe the local form of government and identify the major elected officials of your selected area.
- Identify the major public policy issues, current events, and challenges this government faces and analyze one in depth.
- Discuss how the state government is addressing the issue you selected.
- Provide at least two potential, realistic solutions to the public policy issues, current events, and challenges this government faces.
Include speaker notes to provide more in-depth information.
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.
- For Local Campus students, these are 10- to 15-minute oral presentations accompanied by Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations.
- For Online and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations with notes.
Submit your assignment.