Researchers in psychology often use experimental designs to learn about behavior and other topics in the field. Experiments offer important benefits, such as control over extraneous variables, allowing researchers to determine how experimental factors affect behavior. There is a variety of experimental designs, and this assignment will help you to understand their features and limitations.
For this Assignment, you will write a 3–5 page paper on experimental research designs. Using the PG Library, you will also find and summarize a research article about a study employing an experimental design.
Be sure to address the following in your paper:
Part 1. Describe Experimental Designs
- Describe major features and the role of error in between-subjects designs, including the following designs:
- Single-factor randomized group designs
- Randomized multi-group designs
- Matched-group designs
- Describe major features of and the role of error in within-subjects design.
- Explain when it would be appropriate to use a within-subjects design.
- Describe major features of and the role of error in single-subject designs.
Part 2. Summarize a Research Article Employing an Experimental Design
Using the PG Library, identify a research article in a peer-reviewed journal. Summarize the article, focusing on the design. Be sure to address the following:
- Summarize the research topic and question.
- Identify the specific experimental design the researchers applied.
- Summarize the methodology, including participants, measures, and basic procedures.
- Summarize the major findings of the study.
The Assignment should:
- Utilize a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources outside of your textbook to support your paper.
- Follow Assignment directions (review grading rubric for best results).
- Use correct APA formatting per the current APA Publication Manual.
- Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
- Be written in Standard English and be clear, specific, and error-free.
Your paper should include:
- Title Page
- Main Body of the paper
- Reference Page
- 3-5 Pages in length
Submitting your Assignment
Put your Assignment in a Word document. Save it in a location that you will remember and with your full name along with the class number. When you are ready to submit it to the unit Dropbox. You should revisit the Dropbox to view any helpful feedback your instructor has left for you
Psychology homework help