Choose between one of the hypothetical cases of Mei Lei, Lakeesha, or Vincent. With the understanding that you are a career counselor, analyze the client’s career counseling needs in accordance with one of the following career theories: Super, Holland, Dawis & Lofquist, Krumboltz, and Lent, Brown, and Hackett. Within your analysis, explore the contextual issues within the case related to culture and family and develop a tentative plan for assisting this client with their career development needs. Create a 10-14-slide presentation that captures the following information:
- Basic demographics such as age, sex, race, and education
- Career development thus far
- Reason(s) (external and internal) for seeking career counseling
- Any unique problems that may influence the counseling session (e.g., disability, economic problems, mental health problems, cultural considerations) and how you would address these issues
- A detailed overview of your theory of choice. Be sure to identify the major concepts associated with the theory
- An explanation of how the theory’s major concepts could be used to understand your client’s situation and counseling needs and/or guide your selection of helping strategies.
- Information needed for the initial assessment
- Steps in the career development process
- Two career resources that may be useful in facilitating the career development of the client
- At least two career assessments/tools you would use to facilitate the career development process and discuss how the results of each assessment/tool may benefit the client.
- Application of one ethical principle
- Application of at least two standards from the NCDA Code of Ethics
- Referrals needed (if any)
- Include at least five scholarly references.
Title slide and reference slide are not included in the slide count. Include speaker notes below each content-related slide that represent what would be said if giving the presentation in person. Expand upon the information included in the slide and do not simply restate it. Please ensure the speaker notes include a minimum of 100 words.
Psychology homework help