For this chapter, instead of a survey, there is an assignment.
Indicate which of the examples on the bottom of the page match with the influence principles listed. There are two examples that match with each principle. Write the corresponding letters next to each principle. (no need to include the entire text, just the letters)
Match these influence techniques with the examples below (2 for each)
- If you give someone a favor, they tend to feel indebted to you. They want to pay you back somehow.
- A professor asks students to help move boxes of books from the office building to the library. After the students agree, the professor reveals that the students must arrive on campus at 7:30 A.M. to help.
- “Can you wear a button about the importance of recycling?” Once the person agrees, you ask “would you be willing to volunteer at the local recycling center?”
- If you purchase $50 in makeup, you will receive a full-sized mascara for free.
- If you mow your neighbor’s lawn while he’s on vacation, maybe he’ll watch your pets while you’re visiting family at Thanksgiving.
- Offer products or services at a bargain price in order to first attract a buyer, but then inform them about additional expenses that make the purchase less of a bargain than originally thought
- People fill out a form and provide an email address, a name, a phone number, or other information. This can then lead them to greater commitment later on.
- You tell interested car buyers that you only have five left of the newest sedan.
- Tell people at the restaurant that the kitchen will close in 20 minutes and this is the last call for orders.
- Can you please give me $100? No? Okay, how about $50?
- A boss asks an employee whether she can attend all Saturday meetings this month. Once she says no, he asks whether she can at least attend one Saturday this month?
- If you buy this mop, you will also get a mop cleaner.
Psychology homework help