Grist – SciFi Movies
Printable document for Grist – SciFi Movies:
Grist – SciFi Movies.docx
1) Create a new database by Importing the file below:
Please download the excel import data SciFi Movie – Import.xlsx to use as an import for this assignment
Import Document into Grist.
Be sure the following column options are as stated below:
- Movie Number: Column Type – Text
- Movie Name: Column Type – Text
- Year Made: Column Type – Numeric / Alignment – Centered
- Studio: Column Type – Text
- Rating: Column Type – Integer / Alignment – Centered
- Awards: Column Type – Choice: ADM, RBB, GGA, NOA, GTA
- Length – Minutes: Column Type – Numeric / Alignment – Centered
- Director Number: Column Type – Text
2) Rename the Table – Movies
3) Create another table called Directors by adding an empty table.
Add the following columns:
Director Number – Column Type – Reference: Movies Table and Director Number
Director Name – Column Type – Text
# of Movies Directed – Column Type – Numeric / Alignment – Centered
Fill in the fields and data from the table below:
# of Movies Directed
4) Create a new page for an overview. Add a widget to new page and select a table for the Movies table with summary data for the Director Number. Remove the Count and Rating Columns.
5) Rename the new page in the navigational bar Movie Overview.
6) Add Widget to page and select the card widget for the Movies table with summary data for the Movie Number. Change the Theme to Blocks. Customize the card by hiding the count field and moving Length-Minutes to the second row. You will have 3 fields going across on the 2nd row.
7) Add widget to page and select the chart widget for the Movies table with a summary of data for the Awards. Change the chart to a pie chart. Hide all series except for Awards and count. Customize layout appropriately.
*When complete, your Movie Overview page should have a Movie summary of the Movies table, a Movies Card widget and a Movies Chart Widget.
8) In the Movies table create a new field name called Movie Rating.
Column Type – Choice: R, PG and PG-13
Update the rest of the table to meet the data below.
Back to the Future
9) Add widget to Movies page and select the chart widget for the Movies table with a summary of data for the Movie Rating. Change the chart to a pie chart. Hide all series except for Movie Rating and count. Customize layout appropriately.