Week 3 Discussion – Due
Nov 11, 2020 11:59 PMMCJ6404-Political Terrorism SU01
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week on the basis of the course competencies covered.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial postings. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite sources in your responses to other classmates. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
This week, you examined the phenomenon of suicide bombers. These terrorists present an unusual challenge for counterterrorism and law enforcement officials. Examine the following aspects of these cases:
- What would make people surrender their lives for a cause?
- Do suicide bombers make a rational choice to sacrifice their lives, or does “brainwashing” have a role in making people agree to execute suicide attacks?
- In what ways does suicide terrorism present a unique threat to freedom and peace?
- What do terrorists have to gain from using such tactics of mass destruction and loss of human lives? How does killing innocent civilians help any cause?
- Explain the concepts of jihad, fatwa, and shahadat. Does the religious aspect of these concepts help to legitimize behaviors that would otherwise be prohibited?
Cite any sources using APA format on a separate page. Let’s learn how to cite sources using APA guidelines.
Week 3 DiscussionDiscussion Topic Due November 11 at 11:59 PM
Add a task…Add a task…