As an early childhood educator, you will be an advocate for children’s needs. As such, you should gather various resources to assist families as they nurture their child’s cognitive, social, emotional, physical, and linguistic growth.
For this assignment, create a 15-20 slide digital presentation, including slides for the title page, presenter’s notes, and references, based on the following scenario:
The child care center where you teach has hired several new teachers. Your child care director has asked you to create a digital presentation for the new teachers to increase their awareness of various family structures they will see at the center, strategies to get families involved, and agencies at the community, state, and national level that can support families to engage in and enhance the development of their young children.
As you are developing your presentation, keep in mind that your audience has had little exposure to being a classroom teacher.
Include the following:
· Explanation of three different family structures they may encounter in the child care center (single parent family, extended family, military family, blended family, etc.).
· For each family structure, a description of two traumatic or stressful situations that may occur (there may be some overlap).
· For each traumatic or stressful situation described above, provide 1-2 instructional strategies to assist these children in their growth and development.
· At least 2-3 strategies to encourage family involvement.
· Explanation of at least three local, state, or national resources available to support family structures, stress, trauma, and special family circumstances that affect learner development.
Support your presentation with 3-5 scholarly resources.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.