Portfolio assessments are an obvious choice for subjects such as art, language arts, social studies, and capstone projects for student teachers.
- Choose a subject that does not immediately lend itself to a portfolio assessment such as math, science, or a foreign language.
- Write or find 2–3 objectives for this subject.
- Post the subject and the objectives to the discussion board.
- Design a portfolio assessment for your subject and objectives.
- Write a summary of what your portfolio assessment requires and how you plan to assess it.
- Respond to at least one of your classmates.
- Does their portfolio assessment adequately assess the subject and learning objectives? Explain your reasoning.