Write either a solicited or unsolicited e-mail inquiry to a company or organization asking for information regarding service, products, or expertise. Your request should be fairly specific-not just “tell me about your company.” Ask for answers to the specific questions! Copy the entire e-mail inquiry (including the To:, From:, and Subject Line) into a Microsoft Word document and submit it through the link.
Try to write an inquiry e-mail that you can actually send out. If you need to have this information anyway, why not write the inquiry for a real situation that benefits you and that you get credit for writing?
Here are some suggestions:
- Write to a college you might be interested in attending
- Write a real estate company if you are thinking of moving or selling
- Write to any company to get details about specific products or services offered, something you have seen on the Internet or in a catalog, magazine, or newspaper
- Write to an organization or person who can send you information about a possible research topic
- Write to a tourist office requesting information about an upcoming vacation trip
- 3/4 of a page (3-4 paragraphs)
- Must include the appropriate format (header and message).
- Must use an appropriate style.
- Must include an introduction that identifies the subject, purpose, and point of the correspondence.
- Must include a body that provides needs-to-know information.
- Must utilize page design features (headings, bullets, lists, appropriate font type and size, etc.).
- Must include a conclusion that thanks the readers, restates the main point, and looks to the future.
- Must complete as a Word document
Education homework help