An essay proposal is a persuasive piece of writing. It should convince its audience that the issue the essay proposes to examine is worthy of deliberation and explain how the essay will approach this issue. Your proposal should include the following information:
- A brief discussion/explanation of the importance and relevance of the debatable issue and your reason for choosing it. This should be approximately one (1) double spaced page in length.
- A research question that provides direction and focus during the research process
- A hypothesis or working thesis
- A one (1) page point form outline of the essay following Toulmin argumentation
Annotated Bibliography (5%)
Your annotated bibliography must include the following:
- A minimum of 5 sources, at least 3 of which must be peer-reviewed/scholarly sources, listed in either APA or MLA style. Your essay must follow the same style of documentation as your proposal and bibliography.
- A brief summary of each source in 3-5 sentences.