The midterm will consist of two options. You may choose 1, which is a short answer assignment. Or, you may choose 2, which is a 10-15 minute presentation, in which you choose a topic thus covered this semester. You only need to complete 1 assignment.
This assignment consists of short answer questions that encompass chapters covered thus far. Please answer them in your own words. If references are used, please provide citations.
1. Chapter 1 covered psychological research and the different methods one can use. Please explain the following and give me an example of each: case study, survey and naturalistic observation.
2. Chapter 4- Why do we need sleep? How does it impact learning and memory?
3. Chapter 5- Explain how Pavlov discovered classical conditioning while working with dogs and measuring salivation responses. Please identify what the neutral stimulus, unconditioned stimulus, unconditioned response, conditioned stimulus and conditioned responses were.
4. Explain generalization and discrimination in terms of classical and operant conditioning.
5. Please explain the four basic reinforcement schedules for operant conditioning. In addition, please give me an example and tell me what type of responding occurs with each, as well as which is harder to extinguish.
6. Observational learning is another form of learning that was studied by Bandura. Please watch the video below an tell me what you learned about how violence can be learned in children.
7. We tend to measure memory by recognition, recall and relearning. Please tell me what these are and give an example of each.
8. What is a flashbulb memory? How accurate is it? Please give me an example.
9. Sue is studying for her test in the same room that she is going to take it. She thinks this will give her a better chance of remembering what she learned. Similarly, she makes sure she is drinking coffee during the test as she was drinking coffee when she studied. What behavior is she exhibiting? Can memory be context and state dependent?
10. In your own words, tell me one thing you have learned this semester. Has your understanding of what psychology is changed since the start of the class?
Thus far, we have studied what psychology is, and covered several key concepts. You may choose one topic from the chapter’s covered, and do a 10-15 minute presentation, accompanied by a power point presentation. Below are some topics, which also accompany some ideas that you might choose from. If you have another idea that pertains to psychology, please let me know, and I will work with you on designing a project.
1. What makes research good or bad? What are the various types of research-scientific and more subjective, give examples of these?
2. How do Industrial psychologists work within the field of business, talk about an area-leadership, group cohesion, motivation, ergonomics?
3. How is sleep related to memory consolidation?
4. What is flashbulb memory?, Why does it occur? How accurate is it?
5. Repressed Memories- What does the research say about them?, Do you think they exist?, Why or why not?
6. How do false memories come to exist, and how does this impacts eye witness testimony.
1. Give me an overview of the topic from research you have obtained. This should come from 2 to 3 sources.
2. Break the topic down into a 10-15 minute presentation that will be covered in a power point presentation for the class.
- APA format, 3-4 pages in length
- Include extra cover page, abstract, and reference list)
- Minimum of 2-3 peer reviewed resources
Information Systems homework help