You have been asked to be the project manager for the development of an information technology (IT) project. The system to be developed will allow a large company to coordinate and maintain records of the professional development of its employees. The company has over 30,000 employees who are located in four sites: Atlanta, GA; Houston, TX; Chandler, AZ; and Schaumburg, IL. The system needs to allow employees to locate and schedule professional development activities that are relevant to their positions. Sophisticated search capabilities are required, and the ability to add scheduled events to the employees’ calendars is desired. The system needs to support social networking to allow employees to determine who is attending conferences and events. This will promote fostering relationships and ensure coverage of conferences that are considered of high importance.
Once an activity has been completed, employees will use the system to submit the documentation. The system should support notifications to management personnel whenever their direct reports have submitted documentation. The system should also notify employees if their deadline to complete professional-development requirements is approaching and is not yet satisfied.
The goal is to get this system up and running at the start of the next fiscal year.
Conduct all of your team-related activities in the Small Group area. Contact your instructor with questions pertaining to this project.
Review the Group Project resources in the School of Information Technology Library Guide (LibGuide).
For the given scenario, your group needs to complete the following:
- Work together with role playing (1 Project Manager, 1 customer, others may be system architects and developers) to identify the system requirements and all risks. Rate each risk.
- Each member selects one of the highest risks. Explain why these are considered high-risk and explain their potential effect on the project.
- Outline a risk mitigation strategy for the each of the selected high risks.
- Summarize the challenges the team faced and how you worked them out.
- Create a 10–15-slide PowerPoint presentation with audio narration that covers items 1–4 above. Each member needs to add an audio presentation fort heir selected risk.
- Groups must incorporate the critique provided by the group members into the final draft. The group members must each perform a final review of the entire assignment submission and confirm any final items that require clarification, editing, corrections, and so on. One group member will then submit the final assignment.
Include a title slide and APA format on citations used in the presentation with a closing reference slide. Use proper design regarding elements (fonts, color, images, and so on) on your slides.
Use the Record SlideShow option to present the information on each slide and record your verbal explanations for each item. Please refer to the following for more detailed instructions on recording your voice on a PowerPoint slide:
Information Systems homework help