Your Community Context of Practice
This is a 1000–1250 word narrative paper supported with reputable sources that describe the community in which you work, or would like to work, as a human services leader.
As a human services leader, it is critical to understand the context of your practice. While your daily work may focus on activities within your organization, the organization is designed to serve a community. While communities can take many different forms, for this assignment, you are to focus on a geographic service area as your community—either at the city or county level. Once you identify and define the geographic service area, you need to describe your community—its characteristics, resources, needs, demographics, and history. To structure your narrative, you will need to highlight the significant events and trends that impact Talcott Parsons’ societal institutions: government, economy, religion, education, and family, as well as a newer institution of media. To complete this assignment, you will need to use reputable sources, such as government sites, agency sites, local news, and museums.
As you are pulling your ideas together, consider these questions about your community:
- Who lives there? How has the population changed over time?
- What are the resources for the area?
- What are the significant historical events that impacted the community?
- What are its pressing issues?
Note: You are to complete a cohesive and integrative narrative. So, refrain from attempting to answer these questions like a take-home exam.
To achieve a successful project experience and outcome, you are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Number of references: Minimum of eight scholarly references from appropriate periodicals, newspapers, and journals.
- APA formatting: The paper must be completed using APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Paper length: Your paper should be 8–10 pages, not including the title page and references.
- Turnitin: Run a Turnitin report and submit it with your assignment.
- Paper format: Break your paper into sections for each of these areas:
- An overview of the initiative (1000–1250 words) plus title page and references.
- An appendix of communications with the task force.
- PowerPoint Presentation: Your presentation should be 10–12 slides long and should include title and reference slides. It should be visually engaging and should include slide notes showing what you would say during the presentation. APA style does not need to be followed except for references.
Psychology homework help