select an organization with which you are familiar (you may choose an organization you frequently do business with, one which you have previously worked, or currently work). Then, choose one of the eight dimensions used to rate top U.S. companies in which the organization appears to be underperforming.
Compose a PowerPoint presentation (12-15 slides
- Identify a major issue the organization is facing and in which dimension (of the eight identified above) it is underperforming
- Explain the ramifications the underperformance is currently having on the organization. Identify the likely consequence of failure to improve in the selected dimension.
- Analyze the relevance of the current organizational structure, design, and culture and their influence on organizational effectiveness, especially in relationship to the dimension in which the organization is struggling. Provide citations to support your analysis.
- Determine whether the organization embodies the principles and values of conscious culture and management and its relevance to improving organizational function.
- Present a plan to bring about necessary improvement using Kotter’s 8-step change model.
- Address possible challenges to the suggested change and your plans for managing those challenges. Explain how different subsystems need to be realigned in order to bring about the change.
- Detail any lessons learned and evaluate strategies that you as a manager will either avoid or engage in when designing the structure, building culture, and managing change in your organization. Provide citations to support your claims.
required to use at least three academic references to strengthen and support your claims and recommendations. Ensure each content slide has supporting citations and specific examples.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide