1. You will identify competencies you have been able to demonstrate during your internship and outline those that have improved throughout the semester while reflecting on what may have caused the improvement. You will also write about how you may or may not have been able to improve other competencies and discuss what the contributing factors were. Your reflective paper will also address the IDP as follows: The reflective paper should be a minimum of 4 -5 pages.
- Did any of the three Professional Development competencies (Measurable, Specific, Attainable) change throughout the semester? If so, why?
- For each Professional Development competency, reflect on the following:
- How was the competency important for your internship?
- Were the begin and end dates accurate? Were you able to obtain the knowledge and/or acquire the skill within the timeframe outlined? If not, why?
- How successful were you in completing your goals? Did the strategy originally selected assist in achieving the goal? If not, why? If so, how?
- You listed potential obstacles-were they actually obstacles and if so, why? What did you do to overcome them?
- How were you able to use checkpoints to ensure you were on target to meet your goals? Did your checkpoints change? What did you do to adjust and stay on track?
- Review your evaluation criteria-are you able to measure success? What does success look like when obtaining your goals? Outline the steps taken to meet your goal and assess whether or not the original criteria is still relevant.