Assignment 8: Global Pricing Strategy – iPad Pro
Pricing is one of most important marketing mix strategies. A price must be low enough to gain sales, but high enough to guarantee the flow of funds to support activities like R&D, production, and distribution. However, pricing is more complex internationally than domestically. We often see identical products priced differently in international markets. Why is that? Please write an essay about global pricing by answering the following questions.
- Use Apple iPad Pro (11-inch, WiFi, 128 GB model) as an example.
- Data collection: Compare the prices of this iPad Pro in US and three other different foreign countries of your interest.
|Country||Price in local currency||Price in US dollar|
|Before Tax||After Tax||Before Tax||After Tax|
- Data interpretation and strategic thinking:
- From a global business manager’s perspective, discuss why the prices are different across countries.
- Please identify factors that affect global pricing, and discuss how and why.
- Word document. Please fill the table on the 2nd
- File name: Global pricing – your name.doc
- Due date as shown on iLearn.
Global Pricing: An example of iPad Pro
Analyze the pricing data that you collected in the above table and address the following questions:
|1. What is your observation of the pattern of the pricing strategy of iPad Pro in the global market?
|2. From a global business manager’s perspective, discuss why the prices are different across countries?
|3. Please identify factors that affect global pricing, and discuss how and why.