Before working on this discussion post, review the appropriate guidelines for your selected company:
- Snack Food Company Guidelines [DOCX].
- If you are focusing on the snack food company, use the information contained in the guidelines first. Then add to the information according to your specific product.
- Company of Your Choice Guidelines [DOCX].
This Week’s Discussion Post
For this week’s discussion, please respond to the following:
- Describe how your business operations will work. In other words, you want to explain the day-to-day flow of activities necessary to deliver your product or service to customers. Wherever applicable, identify costs. Be sure to address the following, if applicable to your chosen business, in the post:
- Describe the facility, including its location.
- Specify whether it is rented or owned; include any associated costs.
- Estimate the cost of utilities, such as water/sewer, gas, electricity, and trash removal.
- Production Process.
- Describe the production process (how you will produce the product) or describe how your business will operate if retail or service company.
- Identify the equipment you will use and associated costs.
- Describe the capacity to produce the product.
- Explain your approach to quality control.
- Explain your approach to inventory, as applicable.
- Where do your supplies come from?
- What is your turnaround time to produce your product once you have received an order?
- Research and Development.
- Explain how you will stay abreast of new industry developments.
- Describe the new products or services that are in development.
- Personnel Needs in Operations.
- Specify the number of operations employees you plan to have.
- Describe their roles.
Post at least one substantive comment to another student’s post.
- Textbook Chapter 11, “Operations,” pages 195–224, provides examples, worksheets, and a sample operations plan.
- You will be using the information from this discussion post and the feedback you receive in your Week 8 assignment, Operations, Technology, Management, and Social Responsibility Plan (With Financials), to complete the Operations section of your business plan.
Note: Start your response with a brief description of your business (no more than 4 sentences). Specify your company name, what business you are in, and the specific product or service you plan to sell