- Researching the Effectiveness of Human Resources
Businesses protect themselves against legal considerations by ensuring all employees are treated fairly and by remaining in compliance with regulatory requirements. Many organizations utilize a human resources department to monitor the activities involving human capital. The human resources manager engages in the development of human capital from a strategic viewpoint while guarding various aspects of employee rights, morale, placement, and compensation. Many of the human resources manager’s decisions are guided by regulatory requirements.
The purpose of this assignment is to compare and contrast the necessity of a human resources manager where different organizational sizes are a consideration.
Part 1 Understanding the Human Resource Manager’s Function
- Use the Internet to locate two sources defining the functions of a human resources manager. Note the Web sites where you located your sources.
- Describe, define, and discuss the functions of human resources manager. You might list and discuss functions such as succession planning, compensation, human capital development, regulatory matters, or hiring practices. The assignment is not limited to these functions.
- Pick three functions of the Human Resource Manager and list each function as a subheading in the paper. Discuss the functions thoroughly, providing a definition of the function, how the human resources manager administers the function, and how the organization is responsible for the ethical implementation of each function. Each function should be represented by two paragraphs of 5–8 sentences. Each function should also have at least one citation in proper APA format from your located sources.
- Part 2 Understanding the Effect of a Human Resource Manager on Different Sizes of Organizations
- Read the article from the studies, “Linking HR Formality With Employee Job Quality: The Role of Firm and Workplace Size.” In this article, we consider the size of an organization. For example, RPZ Social Media Analytics has two employees at this time. The article discusses the effect the formality of hiring a human resources manager has on large and small organizations.
- Address the positive and negative effects of hiring a human resources manager might have on an organization the size of RPZ Social Media Analytics.
- Include one reference, properly cited in APA format.
- Your assignment will be scored on the following criteria:
- Identify appropriate Internet resources for a specific topic.
- Identify ethical guidelines appropriate for specific business situations.
- Discuss aspects of specific functional areas.
- Address positive and negative effects of adding functional areas to a small business.
- Communicate using correct spelling, grammar, usage, and mechanics.
- Refer to the Researching the Effectiveness of Human Resources Scoring Guide to ensure that your work meets the grading criteria for this assignment.
- SafeAssign (optional):
- Submit your composition to SafeAssign as a draft.
- Review the report. (You may ignore any template matches.)
- Make appropriate changes as needed before submitting your composition to your instructor for grading.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message. Use spell check in Word to confirm spelling and grammar.
- Formatting: Submit both parts of your assignment in a single document.
- Resources: Cite resources in a consistent format.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Length of paper: Two-part assignment of approximately 2–3 pages.
- Due date: Assignment must be submitted to your instructor no later than midnight Central time on Sunday.
- Submit your assignment for grading by doing the following:
- Click the linked assignment heading.
- Attach your file.
- Click Submit. You will know your submission was successful by looking in the Submitted section of the My Grades area.
- Note: Your instructor may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide feedback on your writing. In the tool, click the linked resources for helpful writing information.
- Researching the Effectiveness of Human Resources Scoring Guide.
- Writing Feedback Tool.
- Institution Release Statement
Business & Finance homework help