- Explain the difference between an adjustment disorder and anxiety disorder. Provide examples to illustrate your rationale.
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER (SOCIAL PHOBIA) .
- Explain the evidenced-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for SOCIAL ANXIETY DISORDER (SOCIAL PHOBIA)
- Support your rationale with references to the Learning Resources or other academic resource.
American Nurses Association. (2014). Psychiatric-mental health nursing: Scope and standards of practice (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
- Anxiety Disordersâ€
- â€œTrauma- and Stressor-Related Disordersâ€
Diagnostic And Statistical Manual Of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition DSM-5 American Psychiatric Association
Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadockâ€™s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 9, â€œAnxiety Disordersâ€ (pp. 387â€“417)
- Chapter 11, â€œTrauma- and Stressor-Related Disordersâ€ (pp. 437â€“451)
Gabbardâ€™s Treatments Of Psychiatric Disorders, Fifth Edition Edited By:Glen O. Gabbard, M.D
- Chapter 18, â€œSocial Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia)â€
- Chapter 20, â€œSpecific Phobiaâ€