Imagine that you have been put in charge of a large team that is negotiating a company merger with two other hypothetical, multinational companies that have offices located around the globe. Your task is to design a negotiation strategy to deal with the negotiation issues involved with merging these multinational companies.
For this assignment, pick two countries that will represent the corporate cultures of the multinational companies. One of the countries must not be from Europe.
Write a six- to eight-page paper in which you:
- Examine the issues that might influence a negotiation within a diverse cultural environment. Recommend a negotiation strategy that would work best in that situation.
- Analyze the dynamics of multiparty negotiations and their role in your strategy.
- Predict potential for conflicts that can occur when negotiating within a diverse cultural workplace. Propose suggestions to mitigate these foreseen conflicts.
- Determine the benefits cultural conflict can bring to a multinational company.
- Use at least two quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.