1. What is the most important challenge Norman Drood faces in deciding what to do next about suicide prevention in Valley County?
2. Does Valley Health have a responsibility for preventing suicides? What is Norman’s own responsibility as an ethical healthcare professional to do
something about suicide prevention in Valley County?
3. Should Drood consider revising the Valley Health CHNA to focus more on suicide prevention?
4. Why are the social care organizations in Valley County poorly coordinated? Why don’t social care organizations dedicate specific resources to
meeting the challenge of suicide prevention? What organization or individuals might make suicide prevention a priority?
5. The Valley Health community health needs assessment identified many “priorities.” How would you recommend the management team identify
the most important needs? How many strategic priorities are too many?