Reflection and Discussion:
Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- You are working as a manager of a financial planning office where you require your employees to have a presence on social media. One of your financial advisors posts to his Twitter account that he needs $500 to pay his rent for the month. Would you punish him? Why or why not?
1. As a student of organizational behavior, you have the opportunity to investigate what factors lead employees to make certain choices. What can this in turn help you do within your job?
2. It is important for service organizations to include customer needs and requirements in assessing their effectiveness. Why is this so? Discuss
3. Explain “workforce diversity.” What key managerial skill do you think is most important when dealing with workforce diversity?
The assignment is to answer the question provided above in essay form. This is to be in narrative form. Bullet points should not to be used. The paper should be at least 1.5 – 2 pages in length, Times New Roman 12-pt font, double-spaced, 1 inch margins and utilizing at least one outside scholarly or professional source related to organizational behavior. This does not mean blogs or websites. This source should be a published article in a scholarly journal. This source should provide substance and not just be mentioned briefly to fulfill this criteria. The textbook should also be utilized. Do not use quotes. Do not insert excess line spacing. APA formatting and citation should be used.
ASSIGNMENT: Write a short paper documenting your understanding of The University of Cumberlands academic integrity policy and correlate to the exercise of Organizational Behavior. Due: August 30, 11:59 PMAcademic Dishonesty Policy: At a Christian liberal arts university committed to the pursuit of truth and understanding, any act of academic dishonesty is especially distressing and cannot be tolerated. In general, academic dishonesty involves the abuse and misuse of information or people to gain an undeserved academic advantage or evaluation. The common forms of academic dishonesty include:
- Cheating – using deception in the taking of tests or the preparation of written work, using unauthorized materials, copying another person’s work with or without consent, or assisting another in such activities
- Lying – falsifying, fabricating, or forging information in either written or spoken presentations
- Plagiarism – using the published writings, data, interpretations, or ideas of another without proper documentation
Episodes of academic dishonesty are reported as appropriate to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The potential penalty for academic dishonesty includes:
- A failing grade on a particular assignment
- A failing grade for the entire course
- Suspension or expulsion
- Revocation of a degree
The University reserves the right at any time to revoke a degree which was improperly awarded due to fraud, deceit, or error, and to rescind a degree in the case of a graduate’s egregious misconduct. The University will not revoke any degree without following a fair process, including an opportunity for the graduate to respond to the evidence and to protect his or her interests.
Assignment Guidelines: Short Papers are 2-3 page (500-750 words), writing assignments designed to keep you actively writing about your ideas in relation to the readings in Organizational Behavior. In them, you should address the topics introduced in the discussion topic or chapters and write about aspects that interest you the most. Use your critical thinking skills to answer questions comprehensively. If you read something that you don’t agree with, do some research and mention in the paper.All submissions will use APA 7th Edition formatting
- APA style formatting required
- Include a cover/title page
- In-text citations – Source citations in the text
- Reference Page
- Double space and use 12-point Times New Roman font, with 1-inch margins
- Upload submissions to Blackboard as Word or PDF documents
Business & Finance homework help