Penetration testing is a simulated cyberattack against a computer or network that checks for exploitable vulnerabilities. Pen tests can involve attempting to breach application systems, APIs, servers, inputs, and code injection attacks to reveal vulnerabilities. In a well-written, highly-detailed research paper, discuss the following:
- What is penetration testing?
- Testing Stages
- Testing Methods
- Testing, web applications and firewalls
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be approximately four to six pages in length, not including the required cover page and reference page.
- Follow APA7 guidelines. Your paper should include an introduction, a body with fully developed content, and a conclusion.
- Support your answers with the readings from the course and at least two scholarly journal articles to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to your textbook. The UC Library is a great place to find resources.
- Be clearly and well-written, concise, and logical, using excellent grammar and style techniques. You are being graded in part on the quality of your writing.
After completing the reading this week, we reflect on a few key concepts this week:
- Discuss what ethical leadership is and how it impacts the organizational culture.
- What are the various dimensions of ethical leadership?
- Note some failures in ethical leadership, please find an example, explain the failure and note possible solutions to fix the issue with leadership.
Please be sure to answer all the questions above in the initial post.
Please ensure the initial post and two response posts are substantive. Substantive posts will do at least TWO of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Expand on the topic, by adding additional thoughtful information
- Answer a question posted by another student in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source
- Make an argument
At least one scholarly (peer-reviewed) resource should be used in the initial discussion thread. Please ensure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use APA references and in-text citations.