Imagine that you are running for a state office (e.g., governor, senator, or representative) and you have to prepare a position paper for a debate on controversial issues in the news. ( Copyright laws protect rights of creative independent artists against a large corrupt music industry )
You will want your position paper to demonstrate critical thinking, sound logic, valid claims, personal passion, and credible support that is cited correctly.
Write a two to three (2-3) page (700 to 1,200 words) paper in which you:
Topic to be written about: Copyright laws protect rights of creative independent artists against a large corrupt music industry
- Introduce your position using a thesis statement in the first paragraph, including a quote, question, or statistic from your reliable sources and an overview of the main points you will cover. (It’s important to grab the audience’s interest and inform them of what the main and support points are.)
- Provide three or four (3-4) major points to support your thesis statement. (Put each major point in a separate paragraph.)
- Provide one (1) paragraph in which you identify and answer an expected argument against your view.
- Organized arguments and support for claims effectively.
- Demonstrate personal passion for your position and critical thinking with persuasive language, sound logic, valid claims, and credible support for the claims.
- Provide two to three (2-3) credible and reliable references (in addition to the text) about current events, which have been published in the last five (5) years and are cited correctly in the position paper. (Wikipedia is not an acceptable source.) No page headers.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply critical thinking skills to the analysis of issues involving mass media and society.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in media and society.
- Write clearly and concisely about media and society using proper writing mechanics.
- Note: Depending on the student’s topic selection, the outcome measured might include one of the following:
- Evaluate the appropriateness of various media forms for different audiences.
- Analyze selected legal issues and policy regulations pertaining to the media.
- Determine how new forms of technology impact first amendment rights
- Analyze various issues affecting the media business.
- Evaluate the effects of new forms of media (e.g., online services) on social interactions.
- Evaluate the effects of the digital information expansion / explosion on society.
Business & Finance homework help