Writing a Reflection Paper may be very challenging. The process is at times confusing and a bit open-ended as well. To that end, I have made an attempt to create a clear rubric on which you will be graded and to set clear expectations from the assignment.
In this course you will be writing 5 Reflection Papers.
These papers will be your reflective response to a reading. The process will be relatively simple: You will read a text that will be assigned within the module. You will then write a Reflection Paper based on that text and your observations of it.
The purpose of a Reading Reflection Paper is understand your informed opinions about what you may have learned from the text.
Each reader will respond to the text differently based on their personal experiences and lifestyles. Keeping this in mind, the purpose of this paper is to consider how these ideas reflect, contradict, or align with your interpretations.
This will be an opportunity for you to recognize and challenge your opinions.
Here is a list of the basic requirements:
1. The paper must be written in MLA format. If this is not done you will lose points.
2. Each paper must be 550 – 750 words.
3. Outside sources are not required – just use the text that you are responding to.
4. Writing must be formal language with correct spelling and punctuation.
5. Each paper must take one idea/topic from the text and write about it – do not summarize.
6. When composing your paper think of the following: What is the one new thing that you have learned? Or it could be the one thing that disturbed you the most. How does the learning of that one thing challenge your prior ideas (or support them)? And how does learning this affect your view of the world around you?
7. Remember: This paper is meant to help you find what is meaningful to you in the reading. I do not need you to summarize the material. I want to know what it means to you.
8. Check the rubric and the samples for Reflection Papers and make sure to ask questions as needed.
5. “The Lottery”
- jackson_lottery.pdf (21.767 KB)
Read Shirley Jackson’s short story “The Lottery” and then write Reflection Paper .
English homework help