This is the moment where you will show your ability to critically engage with the course’s topics. You will pick any of the three readings to critically analyze. Each paper should be 2,000-2,500 words in length. I do not want a summary of the reading as this is not a summary paper. Instead, you are expected to analyze your chosen reading through an ethnographic lens using the class material and research. It helps to imagine that if you present this paper to someone that has never taken this class before, will they learn about ethnography? The answer to this imagined question will be the key to success in your paper. Use the following questions to help guide your analysis paper:
- What is Ethnography?
- Why is Ethnography important?
- Why did you pick this ethnography to analyze?
- How does the ethnographer examine the population and culture being studied in the ethnography?
- What are the methods (such as interviews, fieldnotes, participant observation, etc) used in this ethnography? Why were these methods important?
- What are some of the pros and cons of ethnography?
- How does the ethnographer engage with global and sociohistorical issues through their ethnography?
All copies of your final paper will be submitted to the instructor electronically, by 11:55 PM on the due date. Final Paper will be graded based on the following criteria.
- Length: Each paper should be 2000-2500 words in length NOT including cover page, footnotes/endnotes, Titles, or Bibliography.
- Formatting: Times New Roman Size, 12 sized, Double Spaced. There must be an introduction where you will present your argument and a conclusion.
- Citations: You are free to use whichever format you like (MLA, APA, Harvard, etc.) However, every resource must be cited in-text with Author’s Last Name, Year Published, & Page Number.
- No Use of Quotes: Quotes are not allowed.
- Original Content: Using a paper or material from a previously submitted paper from another course is not allowed. All content must be original.
- Grammar: Grammar is part of your grade, so I expect proper grammar and sentence structure.
Final Paper Rubric
Successfully followed all the guidelines and rubric. 20.
Convincingly and critically analyze your chosen ethnography successfully. 65
Proper use of citation, grammar, clear organization, and proper length (2000-2500 words). 15