Assignment 2: Crisis Case Handling
Review the following scenarios and then address each of them:
You have been called out to a scene in which a 35-year-old woman is experiencing a crisis. Her husband just committed suicide and she is distraught about her circumstances. What information would you want to know before intervening? After finding out the necessary information, how would you handle this case?
You have been called to a scene where a person is running around in the street without any clothes on, looking unkempt, and ranting about how the UFOs are coming down to get him. How would you assess the mental state of this individual? How would you begin to interact with him? How would you secure his safety?
Your paper should be 5 to 6 pages in length, and address each of the questions asked. For each scenario, you should also state how you would apply and address each step of the Six-Step Model of Crisis Intervention and provide examples.
In addition to fulfilling the specifics of the Assignment, a successful paper must also meet the following criteria:
- Include a cover page and references page in 10–12 point font (Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are acceptable)
- Viewpoint and purpose should be clearly established and sustained
- Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics
- Appropriate citation style should be followed
You should also make sure to:
- Include a title page with full name, class name, section number, and date
- Include an introductory and concluding paragraph and demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American English
- Use examples to support your discussion
- Cite all sources on a separate reference page at the end of your paper and cited within the body of your paper using APA format
Law homework help