You have been recently promoted as junior vice president of human resources at your organization. You need to prepare your first presentation on appropriate communication to a group of twenty newly-hired employees for their orientation. The profile of the group is as follows:
- There are fifteen entry-level hires with no corporate experience, of which five have no job experience whatsoever.
- There are five upper-level hires, of whom three hold higher designations than yours and whose ages range between seventeen to fifty-five years.
- Of these twenty, six are Hispanic, two are Asian, two are African-American, and ten are Caucasian.
- Sixty percent of the group is women.
- There are two disabled employees, one of whom has a hearing disability while the other uses a wheelchair.
Perform an audience analysis while planning your presentation. Ensure that you consider issues such as arrangement of the room, content and length of the presentation, and handouts and visual aids.
You are required to submit the following:
- Audience analysis
- Detailed outline of main points of your presentation. Outline will include:
- Brief introduction
- At least 5 main points, each with a one paragraph summary of important concepts, ideas, principles or practices.
- Brief conclusion.
- Submit your answers in a 4 page Microsoft Word document, using APA style.
Business & Finance homework help