Course: Emerging Threats & Countermeasures
LATE SUBMISSION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY PROF.
Due Date – 2 days
Discussion Question: Web Server Auditing
Web server auditing can go a long way in enforcing tighter security and ensuring business continuity. The power of log data is tremendous. Web server logs record valuable information pertaining to usage, errors, and other important security events. Using a specialized auditing tool can be extremely helpful during the audit of web servers. In your discussion this week, please discuss the methods of identifying weak web server configurations and how to mitigate them for a secure web server. Possible concepts to include are SSL certificates, HTTPS usage, attack surface, SQL injection, vulnerability migration, and least privilege. In at least one of your peer responses, provide an overview of how to audit the web server’s security and implement best practices.
Chapters 17 and 18 in the course textbook
M. Ioannou, E. Stavrou and M. Bada, “Cybersecurity Culture in Computer Security Incident Response Teams: Investigating difficulties in communication and coordination,” 2019 International Conference on Cyber Security and Protection of Digital Services (Cyber Security), Oxford, United Kingdom, 2019, pp. 1-4.
J. Mendonça, W. Medeiros, E. Andrade, R. Maciel, P. Maciel and R. Lima, “Evaluating Database Replication Mechanisms for Disaster Recovery in Cloud Environments,” 2019 IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (SMC), Bari, Italy, 2019, pp. 2358-2363.
M. Zeybek, E. N. Yılmaz and İ. Alper Doğru, “A Study on Security Awareness in Mobile Devices,” 2019 1st International Informatics and Software Engineering Conference (UBMYK), Ankara, Turkey, 2019, pp. 1-6.
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source (for example, an article from the UC Library) that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA 7)
- At least one scholarly source should be used in the initial discussion thread. Be sure to use information from your readings and other sources from the UC Library. Use proper citations and references in your post.
Required Books & Resources
Title: (ISC)2 CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional Official Study Guide (In Classroom)ISBN: 9781119475958Authors: Mike Chapple, James Michael Stewart, Darril Gibson Publisher: John Wiley & SonsPublication Date: 2018-04-10
“NO PLAGIARISM” Plagiarism includes copying and pasting material from the internet into assignments without properly citing the source of the material.
Information Systems homework help