Applied Psychology and Changing Demographics
[WLO: 2] [CLOs: 1, 2]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Review Chapter 2 in Applied Psychology in Talent Management. (Chapter 2 is attached below)
- Read the articles Affirmative Action (Links to an external site.) and Discrimination: How and Why Can It Be Legal? (Links to an external site.)
- View the video Rethinking Talent Management—Interview With Professor Jay Conger (Links to an external site.).
The laws and regulations on hiring and managing talent are dynamic and impact today’s practice. Practices that might have been acceptable two decades ago could likely be prohibited under today’s federal hiring practices. Research a case law for discrimination then write a two- to four-page analysis addressing the points listed below. Use the APA writing style and a minimum of two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the text. In your analysis,
- Identify the case.
- Explain the specific discrimination.
- Summarize the case issue, findings, and outcome.
- Explain how the findings from the case are applied to today’s practices.
The Applied Psychology and Changing Demographics paper
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name (Markis’ Edwards)
- Course name and number (BUS 623)
- Instructor’s name (Dr. Scott)
- Date submitted (April 19, 2021)
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.**Important**
- Must use at least two scholarly and/or credible sources in addition to the course text. (That’s THREE total) The course text is below. The course text is cited: Cascio, W. F., & Aguinis, H. (2019). Applied psychology in talent management (8th ed.). Retrieved from https://www.vitalsource.com
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this. Review the Integrating Research (Links to an external site.) resource from the Writing Center for additional guidance.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
Business & Finance homework help