Introduction: This assignment will assist in your gaining a better understanding of the culture influence in society
This assignment fulfills/supports
- Module Outcome: You will be able to understand how historical moments, the social structure, and changing systems of production shape the functions of education over time and across place.
- Course Outcome: You will be able to understand the institutions of marriage, family, education and how they may be related to a nation’s culture and economy.
- General Education Competency You will be able to communicate effectively using the conventions of American Standard English in professional and academic environments. You will be able to demonstrate socialization skills that support cultural awareness and a global perspective. You will have used critical thinking to analyze problems and make logical decisions.
The fundamental insight of the sociological imagination is that an individual’s reality is the product of the intersection of biography and history. Take a few moments to consider how your own experience and understanding of education are shaped by the intersection of your individual biography with the historical moment in which you live address the following questions.
In what year were you born? What year did you begin your formal schooling? What year did you graduate from high school? ( You only have to answer one of these that will help students to understand your social location)
List 3-5 specific things related to schooling and your education that you think are different for you than they were for your parents or grandparents.
What historical changes might be responsible for differences between your experiences and opportunities and your parents’ or grandparents? These may be social, cultural, technological, or political changes. Be specific.
If you could implement one policy in all public schools, what would it be? Why?
Acceptable Length: 2-3 pages
- Put your name, course and section number, and assignment title at the top of the document.
- Use one-inch margins.
- Use a 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Use double line spacing in the document.
- Use MLA_Citation_Style
Grading Criteria: Your grade will be determined by the questions answered, the length, individual you chose (no relatives), the content, and timely submission.
Social Science homework help